Anne's is one of the newest and most beautiful churches in Walkerville.
The cornerstone was laid on November 17,1912, and the building completed
a few months later [early 1913]. It was dedicated at 10 a.m. on
Sunday June 22, 1913 by Rt. Rev. M. F. Fallon of London.
church as one of the finest organs in the Border Cities, an aeloian
orchesterelle,the gift of Mrs. Edward Chandler Walker. The organ
can be played both by hand and by record.In the basement of the
churth there is a large auditorium and stage where concerts and
plays are produced from time to time. During the winter months weekly
card parties are held in the auditorium to advance the soical spirit
among the members of the congregation.
parish of St. Anne's was founded on Jan. 3,1912 with Rev. Fr.H.
N. Robert as pastor. In the beginning, Mass was celebrated in nearby
St. Anne's school, Monmouth road. There were 35 to 40 families in
1912 to 275 at present. The area was originally part of the parish
of Our Lady of the Lake [Our Lady of the Rosary], Ford City.
Mackintosh: Ruler of Moy Hall